Sunday, March 22, 2015

Well, This is the last cycle. I present my TED talk tomorrow and I feel confident that it will go smoothly. What I really learned over the course of this project was that if you consult your resources, you can acquire any skills much quicker than you think. I was inspired by the youtube series "People are Awesome" to obtain a unique ability. We are always told we are all special and unique. I wanted an ability that I could point to that defined my speciality.

I came further than I expected. I have been playing soccer for a while but I never got a hold on juggling. I practiced all of last summer but did not really get anywhere. For this project I figured I would consult my resources such as the internet. I saw much more improvement over the last three months than I had seen over last summer. I learned that there is no point going in blind. Resources can never hurt. They can only boost, never hinder.

Here is my schedule from earlier blogs.


Cycle 1
o Achieve 150 touches while juggling (total)
o 10 in one session (seek help from experts)
•  Cycle 2
o Get 150 more touches while juggling
o Begin head and chest touches (research tips on internet)
•  Cycle 3
o Achieve 15 touches in one session
•  Cycle 4
o 10 successful head and chest touches
•  Cycle 5
o One successful heel touch
•  Cycle 6
o At least 20 touches per session (consistently)

I did not stick to this schedule completely. I found that impractical. I did achieve most of my goals though. I am getting about 15 consistently. I got three successful heel touches.

My goal was to "get a glimpse of what experts can see". This was a quote from Adam Savage, a mythbuster. He said that when they learn a new skill on the show, They try to achieve something once what experts can achieve every time. This is why I included achieving at least one trick on my goals. I wanted to achieve, just once, what professionals can do every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment