Monday, March 23, 2015

Well, I presented my TED talk today, and I can't say it went better than expected. After having technical difficulties with my flash drive, I had to copy my presentation to my classmate's SD card (you know who you are and thank you). After the shaky start, the presentation seemed to be going well. I did not find myself phased very much by the earlier troubles. That was when windows decided to quit unexpectedly. My friend was operating the computer and he told me after the presentation that he had to re boot the powerpoint. I also found out that the videos I put in my powerpoint, didn't work. This was because, when I uploaded them to youtube, I apparently made them private (I do not remember doing this). This meant that I couldn't show the videos to the audience.

Here are the videos:









If we ignore the technical difficulties, I think I did well.  I think that my passion came across in my speech. One problem I have is that I turn into a robot when I present. I tried to avoid that this time and I feel I pulled it off. It is really a shame that I was granted such misfortune with the videos. 

I learned two very important things today. I learned that I should never fret the things I can't control, and to always make sure the videos are public when I put them on youtube. Ok, maybe just one important thing. Never the less, I see my presentation as a success. I hope that I inspired someone in the audience to try and acquire a skill because I am certain they will be surprised by how quickly they learn it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Harry. Your presentation was very well done. Your passion came out through your explanations of the exciting skill. You seem very positive after the video incident, and that's a great mindset to be in. I hope you had a great time throughout the whole project, and I hope you continue to develop the skill of soccer ball juggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Harry. First of all, I felt horrible that you're presentation had all those technical issues. Regardless, you kept on. I was very impressed by the fact that you didn't give up and you stayed on stage no matter how much went wrong (and was out of your control of course). Anyways, I enjoyed your presentation. I also liked the videos you posted above. Really shows your progress. Good work.

    ReplyDelete