Sunday, February 22, 2015

It is now Sunday 2/22/15. I have achieved my goal of 10 juggle-touches in a single session. I achieved this multiple times. I am feeling very confident about the goals I set at the beginning of this project. If I am completely honest, I was nervous about the goals I set for myself at the beginning of this genius project. They seemed a little too ambitious to me. Now though, I am extremely pleased with the progress I have made and I am relieved that I was able to achieve my goals. In fact, I think I might be raising all of my future-goals for this project up a bit.

This was my schedule for the entire genius project,


  • Cycle 1
    • Achieve 150 touches while juggling (total)
    • 10 in one session (seek help from experts)
  • Cycle 2
    • Get 150 more touches while juggling
    • Begin head and chest touches (research tips on internet)
  • Cycle 3
    • Achieve 15 touches in one session
  • Cycle 4
    • 10 successful head and chest touches
  • Cycle 5
    • One successful “around the world”
  • Cycle 6
    • At least 20 touches per session (consistently)

As I mentioned earlier, I completed my cycle one goals and I think I should up the ante on my goals for the coming cycles.

This is what I think my new schedule should be,

  • Cycle 1
    • Achieve 150 touches while juggling (total)
    • 10 in one session (seek help from experts)
  • Cycle 2
    • Get 250 more touches while juggling
    • Begin head and chest touches (research tips on internet)
  • Cycle 3
    • Achieve 20 touches in one session
  • Cycle 4
    • 15 successful head and chest touches
  • Cycle 5
    • One successful “around the world”
    • One successful heel touch
  • Cycle 6
    • At least 30 touches per session (consistently)

The "heel touch" is when you move your leg behind your back and touch the ball with your heel. Here is a video tutorial of the trick with some clips of it being performed by Brazilian soccer-star Neymar.


6 comments:

  1. Soccer ball juggling seems like a really cool project! It is very unique and seems like a skill every soccer player should know. I like how you increased your goals for each cycle, it really shows how much progress you have made this first cycle. I think it's pretty cool that you added the heel touch juggle, it looks pretty advanced from the video, but with lots of practice, I think you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam, I appreciate your positive feedback towards my blog. I too am surprised by the progress I made this first cycle and I think I can achieve the heel touch.

      Delete
  2. I like how you're incorporating soccer into this project. For me, juggling can get a bit frustrating at times because some days, I just out of it and not focused enough. I believe that when you reach your goal of 20, you can go on forever because by 20, you have already established your rhythm and focus. It seems that you are picking it up really quickly though so congrats. If you reach 20 early then you can start to do tricks while juggling, just like in the video you posted. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your support for my goals but the reality is not as fortunate as it may seem. I have already reached high numbers juggling with my thighs. I have seen that, while I can get up to 25 or 30, it is by no means an indicator of being able to go forever. My record on my thighs was 60 and even then I couldn't stop myself from losing control.

      Delete
  3. Hey, Harry! I'm very excited to keep up on this project as it is based around my biggest passion - soccer! Juggling can be tough but with concentration you can easily achieve your goals. Similar to what Matt said... if you can do 10 juggles, you can do 100, because you have a feel for the ball. Basically, I'm confident in you and think you will exceed the expectations you set for yourself. One suggestion - I would take videos of you juggling the ball (maybe even messing up a few times...), and compile them together into one video. Post it to your blog because it would really add something. Good luck, I'm rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my buddy Danny... we coach together. He's a pro freestyler.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85hKP4fXlPo&index=4&list=UUOHhJXgqrqSgwq-NJVjJhsg&safe=active

    ReplyDelete